Two stellar entry-level opportunities this month:
We’re looking primarily for Research Analysts – people who will provide support to the goal of finding the best giving opportunities. Research Analyst duties mostly consist of:
- Reviewing independent research on the best ways to help people and on other issues relevant to giving
- Reviewing particularly promising charities – including speaking with their representatives and asking critical questions, reviewing and evaluating documents they send, and writing up their answers to critical questions, strengths, and weaknesses
- Taking part in discussions of which giving opportunities are most promising and of general GiveWell strategy
- Miscellaneous duties depending on individual preferences, including networking, outreach, writing (e.g., for the blog), and original analysis on research questions
- We encourage analysts to push their abilities to the limit and take on as much responsibility as they can. An analyst can grow into a major role at GiveWell.
(Fractured Atlas is hiring yet again! Note that this is an entry-level job…note also that it pays in the 40s.)
Fractured Atlas is seeking a full-time Program Associate. This position will provide administrative support for all of our core programs and services and for the organization overall. It is an entry-level position and involves a great deal of front-line customer service. We have over 18,000 artists nationally in our membership who come to us daily for guidance, assistance and support.
The successful candidate will be incredibly personable, have a cheerful disposition and a sense of humor, and possess an incredible amount of patience, particularly as it relates to explaining the same information multiple times. Additionally, the candidate will be able to operate and respond in a rapid-fire environment while still remaining calm, clear and collected.
Deadline: October 7, 2011.