Connectivity Director, Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company
Basic Job Function: Ignite the “explosive engagement” between theatre artists and the community that powers Woolly’s mission statement—by working to expand the Woolly family, deepen the audience experience in our theatre, and link our productions to the civic discourse that happens every day in the nation’s capital.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify local stakeholders, institutions, and events that may resonate with each individual play
- Facilitate discussions between artists, staff, Board, and audience members to develop a shared vision for:
- An “entry point” for each play (“What is the conversation this play wants to have with our audience and community?”)
- A “designed audience” for each play (“Who needs to be in the audience to bring energy and meaning to that conversation?”)
- A “total audience experience” for each play (“What can we do to accent, extend, and deepen the experience of each audience member?”)
No deadline provided.
Freelance Writer, The Art Newspaper
The Art Newspaper is looking for a experienced arts news journalist, based in New York City, to contribute—on a contract freelance basis—to our art market and news pages and website, as well as analysis/special focuses.
We are looking for an arts news journalist with an established track record to contribute approximately 3,000 words each month to the paper and website, following agreed commissions and deadlines. As this is a freelance post, you will be free to work from your own home/office and arrange your own hours, but you will be expected to attend editorial meetings in our New York office at least twice a month.
Deadline: tomorrow! January 23, 2012.
Internship, Animating Democracy, Americans for the Arts
As a program of Americans for the Arts, Animating Democracy brings national visibility to arts for change work. By demonstrating the public value of creative work that contributes to social change and fostering synergy across arts and other fields and sectors, we work to make the arts an integral and effective part of solutions to the challenges of communities and toward ensuring a healthy democracy.
Animating Democracy is seeking motivated individuals to work on an array of projects related to our IMPACT and Arts & Social Change Mapping Initiatives. Through research, communications, and outreach focused on driving database development, resource cultivation, and program promotion, interns will expand their knowledge of the field while contributing ideas and content that supports the Animating Democracy mission.
Positions are available immediately for winter/spring as well as summer and fall 2012 for qualified individuals. Most do not require working in the Americans for the Arts office and can be arranged as virtual internships. A modest stipend is offered.
No deadline provided.